Nonfiction: For Writers
March 31, 2017
Writers Digest Books
Available in: Audio, e-Book, Trade Size
Learn how to transform your passion for writing into a career. New York Times best-selling author Jennifer Probst reveals her pathway to success, from struggling as a new writer to signing a seven-figure deal. Write Naked intermingles personal essays on craft with down-to-earth advice on writing romance in the digital age. Probst will teach you how to:
- Commit to your current work-in-progress, get focused, and complete it on schedule
- Reveal raw emotions and thoughts on the page to hook your readers
- Assemble a street team to promote and celebrate your books
- Overcome writer’s block with ease
- Develop themes that tie together your books and series
- Write the most difficult elements of romance—including sex scenes—with skill and style
Regardless of the genre, every novelist faces a difficult task. Creating authentic characters and an engaging plot are challenging enough. But attempting to break into the hotter-than-ever romance genre, which is constantly flooded with new titles and fresh faces? It can feel impossible. This is where Probst’s Write Naked comes in. To survive—and thrive—you need the help and wisdom of an expert.
Written in Probst’s unmistakable and honest voice, Write Naked is filled with the lessons and craft advice every writer needs in order to carve out a rewarding career.